Friday, February 25, 2011

Funeral Card Friday - LaVonne A. (Hengel) Hirdler

LaVonne A. (Hengel) Hirdler funeral card
LaVonne was my mother-in-law's sister.  She died long before I associated with the family, so I never met her.  I did get the chance to meet with her husband, Ralph Hirdler.  Ralph was quite the character, he had a story for everything, and sometimes more than one story for the same thing!  He used to visit my in-laws and play dice and card games while I was dating my (future) wife.

LaVonne's funeral card is one of relatively few I have that is only a single "page", i.e. not folded, so there is only a front and a back with one piece of artwork.  Here's the other side:


Funeral Card Friday is a genealogy meme created by Dee Welborn of Funeral Cards & Genealogy and has been an ongoing series in the Geneablogger community.  If you're interested in funeral cards, I strongly recommend you visit her blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment