Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Advent Calendar - December 13th, Holiday Travel

December 13 – Holiday Travel
Did you or your ancestors travel anywhere for Christmas? How did you travel and who traveled with you? Do you remember any special trips?


Living in Minnesota, it's always chancy traveling during the winter months.  Snow and ice can be treacherous for driving, and the cold is dangerous if your car breaks down.  As I was growing up, flying was an unaffordable luxury for my family, so most years we stayed home.  I do remember on a few occasions going to my grandparents' house in Yankton, South Dakota.  That was about a four hour drive. 


This and all other articles on this blog are © copyright 2011 by Daniel G. Dillman

2 comments:

  1. There's no place like Home for the Holidays. I like being home best of all.
    http://leavesnbranches.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete